[vlc] --sout(#transcode ...) and vlc:quit

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Tue Jul 19 19:37:14 CEST 2005

Hello, all ...

Many thanks for the help (pointers) to assist with my transcoding
endeavors.  I finally got it to work.  Now, though, I have another
question, and the VLC documentation is not quite clear.  I want VLC to
quit after doing the transcoding, so I try this:

./VLC ~/work/Preview1713420.trp --sout
'#transcode{acodec=a52}:
std{mux=ts,access=file,url=Preview1713420_transcoded.trp}' --noloop
vlc:quit

... which doesn't work (the transcoding never happens).  So I tried
this:

./VLC ~/work/Preview1713420.trp --sout
'#transcode{acodec=a52}:
std{mux=ts,access=file,url=Preview1713420_transcoded.trp}' --noloop
vlc:quit

... which still doesn't work.  Can anyone illuminate me as to how to do
this?  Can vlc:quit and --sout coexist on the same command invocation
(and have both function as expected)?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New album, "Touch", available now
http://www.magnatune.com/artists/falling_you
** now available on iTunes, doncha know **