[vlc] Re: vlc 0.8.1, Unichrome Pro, no video

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:30:01 CEST 2005

On 6/1/05, Dermot McGahon <dermot at dspsrv.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2005 23:51:51 +0100, MagicITX <magicitx at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > No accelerated IMDCT transform found
>
> I think this message comes from libmpeg2, but I don't know if it is
> a problem or not.

This isn't a problem.  There is an optional IMDCT library it will use
if present.  The message is just saying the library was not found and
the default transform library will be used.

> First thing to try is vlc -V x11 to determine if the problem is with
> xvideo. Also try mplayer and xine forcing them to xvideo. VLC defaults
> to xvideo. mplayer defaults to x11 but can be changed with -vo xv (use
> -vo help to list possible video outputs).

vlc works with x11 and mplayer works with xv.

> Next thing to try is --xvideo-chroma yv12. Not sure that will work, but
> worth worth a try.
>
> There was an xvideo related bug with the CLE266 h/w a while back.

I'm seeing video with this option but it is not using the hardware
acceleration.  I'm getting 40% cpu utilization for X and 50% for vlc.

> Dermot.

Tim
www.magicitx.com