[vlc] Re: VLC TS ratio ?

James Yates james.yates at packetvision.com
Mon Jun 13 18:16:51 CEST 2005

You are right, many applications do require constant bitrate TS. VBR TS
makes perfect sense when streaming over RTP/UDP but in a broadcast
quality environment, you need to know how big the stream is. I currently
use the pixeltools muxer as it is the only one I have found that creates
very good results.
Take a look at tcmplex which is part of the transcode utils. I however
use transmux from pixeltools and I am obtaining source material via a
DVB-T receiver and using dvbstream to output the multiplex to a file.
This works very well.

--
James Yates
Software Systems Engineer