[vlc] PIM_SSM

shivanna biradar shivanna at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 19:21:36 CEST 2005

Hello All

I am trying to do multicasting using PIM-SSM. I have installed  vlc media player  on  WINXP
and this acts as client ,  I have also one vlc media player on Linux Fedora . Iam trying to stream from the linux box to the XP box.

Is there any special Requirements needed ....

- WinXP supports IGMPv3 , is that activated by default , or do i need to manualy set it
What should i put in the metwork option : -receive from the multicast address or do i need to put the server address also with it and how that can be done.

- Regarding the Linux machine , is their requirements other than setting ttl to the number of hops.

 Regards
Shiva