[vlc] Re: basic question about codec

Antoine Bardel antoine.bardel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 09:47:32 CEST 2005

Ok this makes things clearer.
so here, with this : '#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb

> =4000,venc=ffmpeg{keyint=80,hurry-up,vt=800000},scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=128,samplerate=44100}

I am choosing bith a video and an audio codec, no ?
I don't see the point of choosing the audio codec if there are already
sounds layer in a video codec.

thanks a lot for your help,

ps : does anyone know where I can find a list that would give all the key
words corresponding to the codecs (ex : mp4v --> mpeg4, mpga--> mp3...etc )
thanks