[vlc] Re: present but cannot be compiled

James Yates james.yates at packetvision.com
Wed Jun 15 18:40:29 CEST 2005

I am not sure exactly what is going wrong, it took me several hours to
get VLC to compile on my PC, although my big headache was wxwindows. I
have vlc configured with wxwindows, DVD support and have full MPEG TS
and PS support. To make things easier here is the configure options I
used. Don't forget to make sure that you have all the included libraries
built (e.g libdvbpsi) and that you do  a make clean before rebuilding VLC.

./configure --prefix=/opt/vlc --enable-wxwindows
--with-ffmpeg-tree=./extras/ffmpeg --with-dvbpsi-tree=./extras/libdvbpsi
--with-a52-tree=./extras/a52 --with-dvdread-tree=./extras/libdvdread
--with-dvdnav-tree=./extras/libdvdnav

   Good luck.

       James