[vlc] Controlling embedded VLC through javascript

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Thu Jun 16 17:10:50 CEST 2005

Hi

I have a few questions regarding controlling VLC through Javascript.

Is it technical possible to do the following things through javascript
to the mozilla/firefox embedded VLC ?

   a) Enabling and disabling de-interlacing method Bob ?

   b) changing the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and back ?

   c) enabling and disabling the video postprocessing and set the level ?

I know that one can control the aspect ratio of a running embedded VLC by
changing the size of the box/table VLC is embedded in, but without telling VLC
that the aspect ratio has changed, VLC will not get the right changed aspect ratio
when going fullscreen.

I remember that from 0.8.1 it should be possible to change the parameters
of VLC through a javascript call, but I can't seem to figure out how to
do it and which parameters I can change. Is there a list somewhere ?

Kind regards

--PMM