[vlc] VLC Mozilla Plugin

Eisberg, Reinhard reinhard.eisberg at desy.de
Tue Jun 21 08:39:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

After several disappointing trials to install the current 8.1 version of
vlc on a SUSE 9.3 Linux PC
I have downloaded the 8.2 beta and tried to install that version.
I also have got some problems with missing packets (ffmpeg, etc) but now
it seems to be ok.

However, I am missing the Mozilla plugin. This did apparently not
install automatically.

What has to be done in order to get the Mozilla plugin working for
Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox ?
Do I have to make changes to the config file ?
At least from the windows version of the vlc 8.2 beta I know, that I
must copy two files from the
vlc mozilla directory to the Mozilla plugin directory.
Is there a similar procedure for Linux ?

I did not find any hints in the readme.

With best regards

Reinhard Eisberg