[vlc] Re: Net Logger Module

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Tue Jun 21 20:15:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 21, 05 at 02:17 +0200, Juan Carlos Montes wrote:
>   My name is Juan Carlos and i?m from Spain. I have
> created a new module for VLC. Basically this module
> allows send the logging messages to another computer
> via UDP, its code is based in the logger module.
>
>   I have compiled it for windows with MSVC without
> problems but i can?t compile it for windows with
> CYGWIN because i can?t configure properly it, i
> haven?t a high speed conection in these moments :(
>
>   Could anybody compile it for 0.8.2_test2 version
> with CYGWIN? (please)

First you should use the trunk i.e. 0.8.3-svn for development and not
the 0.8.2 branche.

All your call of net_write use 4 arguments but in include/netvork.h and
src/misc/net.c net_write require 5 arguments. I don't know how MSVC
manage to compile that.

Others remarks: As you are introducing some variable, you should also
have a set_category, a set_subcategory and a set_shortname for your
module so it appears correctly in the GUIs.

--
Xtophe