[vlc] Re: AW: Re: VLC Mozilla Plugin

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Wed Jun 22 13:27:14 CEST 2005

Eisberg, Reinhard wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am running into the next problem when installing the mozilla plugin for SUSE 9.3 Linux:
>
>I have run ./configure with the option --enable-mozilla, however I have got the message:
>
>Please install the Mozilla development tools, mozilla-config was not found.
>
>I have searched for this file and I have found
>
>/opt/mozilla/bin/mozilla-config
>/opt/mozilla/include/mozilla-config.h

In this document
http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/mozilla-plugin-compile.html is
explained howto build mozilla plugin for Windows and Linux systems. In
short you need to add XPIDL=<path_to_mozilla_dir>/xpidl ./configure
<options> --enable-mozilla

>Do I have to copy these files to another place where vlc can find them ? or
>Do I have to change path settings, but where ?

You must give the right compile environment to the configure script.
Only on debian the configure step will work automatically.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.