[vlc] Re: mozilla plugin CPU utilization

Cian Cullinan cian.cullinan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:01:57 CEST 2005

On 6/27/05, Rémi Denis-Courmont <courmisch at via.ecp.fr> wrote:
> Le Lundi 27 Juin 2005 19:49, Cian Cullinan a écrit :

> We can't reproduce this problem. Give a link to the video then.

OK here are some clips that give me this behaviour:

http://www.darim.co.kr/ftp/mpegs/lions.mpg
http://www.darim.co.kr/ftp/mpegs/SIDNEY_6X_ISDN_384.WMV

CPU goes to 100% as soon as the above links start to load and stays at
100% even after the clip is finished playing.
I was thinking of compiling vlc with gprof flags but given that CPU
seems to be split 60/40 between X and Firefox would I have to compile
them? I _really_ don't want to compile X.
I'm willing to try and debug this but it's been a while since I did
anything serious with C/C++ and I don't know the VLC code base. If
someone could tell me where/how to start looking I'll get on it.

Cian

Note: System is IBM T42, 1.8Ghz Pentium M, 512MB RAM, kernel
2.6.11-1.35_FC3, Fedora Core 3.