[vlc] Re: VLM and rtsp

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Tue Mar 1 18:23:45 CET 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 11:35, Nirnimesh wrote:

> The VLC documentation for RTSP leads me to the VLM page. How are the two
> related? If I start the VLC server in telnet mode, is it equivalent to
> RTSP? (an example in the doc prompted me to ask this)
>
> Also, how is rtsp related to the live module. Do i need to enable "live"
> to be able to use rtsp:// ??

VLM is used when you want VLC to act as an RTSP server (not client), in
which case the VLM is where you add/configure the streams you want to serve
to other people.

If you want to use VLC as an RTSP client then you don't need to use VLM (but
you'll need the livedotcom module as it's the library we use for the RTSP
client side).

--
Gildas