[vlc] Problem Transcoding to H263

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Fri Mar 4 17:21:19 CET 2005

This is the third time I try to send this email, sorry if it's
duplicated (maybe html was rejected).

Hello,
I'm trying to transcode to H263 using VLC legacy interface on window.

My source is a live webcam:
dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Logitech QuickCam Express" :dshow-adev="none"
:dshow-size="" :no-dshow-config :no-dshow-tuner

In the stream destination target of Stream output mask:
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=H263,vb=128,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=display}

I get:
ffmpeg error: cannot open encoder
stream_out_transcode error: cannot find encoder
main debug: unlocking module "rawvideo"
stream_out_transcode error: cannot create video chain
main error: cannot create packetizer output
What could be the problem? I thought transcoding to H263 was supported.

Best Regards.
Thanks
Claudio

Here paste my messages:

main debug: adding playlist item `dshow://' ( dshow:// )

main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: set input option: dshow-vdev to Logitech QuickCam Express
main debug: set input option: dshow-adev to none
main debug: set input option: dshow-config to false
main debug: set input option: dshow-tuner to false
main debug: set input option: sout to
#transcode{vcodec=H263,vb=128,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=display}
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: stream=`transcode'
main debug: looking for sout stream module
main debug: probing 1 candidate
main debug: stream=`duplicate'
main debug: looking for sout stream module
main debug: probing 1 candidate
stream_out_duplicate debug: creating 'duplicate'
stream_out_duplicate debug: * adding `display'
main debug: stream=`display'
main debug: looking for sout stream module
main debug: probing 1 candidate
main debug: using sout stream module "stream_out_display"
main debug: using sout stream module "stream_out_duplicate"
main debug: set sout option: sout-transcode-vcodec to H263
main debug: thread 4256 (input) created at priority 1
(src/input/input.c:228)
main debug: set sout option: sout-transcode-vb to 128
main debug: set sout option: sout-transcode-scale to 1
stream_out_transcode debug: codec video=H263 0x0 scaling: 1.000000
128kb/s
main debug: using sout stream module "stream_out_transcode"
main debug: `dshow://' gives access `dshow' demux `' path `'
main debug: demux2_New: access='dshow' demux='' path=''
main debug: looking for access_demux module
main debug: probing 1 candidate
dshow debug: found device: Logitech QuickCam Express
dshow debug: using device: Logitech QuickCam Express
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: output pin: Acquisizione
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: output pin: Fermo
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: trying pin Acquisizione
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YUY2, width:352,
height:288
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YUY2, width:128,
height:96
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YUY2, width:160,
height:120
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YUY2, width:176,
height:144
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YUY2, width:320,
height:240
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YUY2, width:640,
height:480
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV24, width:352,
height:288

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV24, width:128,
height:96

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV24, width:160,
height:120

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV24, width:176,
height:144

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV24, width:320,
height:240

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV24, width:640,
height:480

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV32, width:352,
height:288

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV32, width:128,
height:96

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV32, width:160,
height:120

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV32, width:176,
height:144

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV32, width:320,
height:240

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV32, width:640,
height:480

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV15, width:352,
height:288

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV15, width:128,
height:96

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV15, width:160,
height:120

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV15, width:176,
height:144

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV15, width:320,
height:240

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: RV15, width:640,
height:480

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: I420, width:352,
height:288

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: I420, width:128,
height:96

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: I420, width:160,
height:120

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: I420, width:176,
height:144

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: I420, width:320,
height:240

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: I420, width:640,
height:480

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YVU9, width:352,
height:288

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YVU9, width:128,
height:96

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YVU9, width:160,
height:120

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YVU9, width:176,
height:144

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YVU9, width:320,
height:240

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: YVU9, width:640,
height:480

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: UYVY, width:352,
height:288

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: UYVY, width:128,
height:96

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: UYVY, width:160,
height:120

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: UYVY, width:176,
height:144

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: UYVY, width:320,
height:240

dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: UYVY, width:640,
height:480

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::JoinFilterGraph

dshow debug: connecting filters

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection

dshow debug: CapturePin::ConnectedTo [not connected]

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryPinInfo

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::QueryFilterInfo

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryPinInfo

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryAccept [OK] (width=320, height=240,
chroma=I420)

dshow debug: CapturePin::ReceiveConnection [OK]

dshow debug: CapturePin::NotifyAllocator

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryAccept [OK] (width=320, height=240,
chroma=I420)

dshow debug: filters connected successfully !

dshow debug: MEDIATYPE_Video

dshow debug: selected video pin accepts format: I420

dshow debug: found device: SoundMAX Digital Audio

dshow debug: found device: Bluetooth Audio

dshow error: can't use device: none, unsupported device type

dshow error: can't open audio

dshow debug: Playing...

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryPinInfo

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryPinInfo

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins

dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection

dshow debug: CapturePin::ConnectedTo [OK]

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::SetSyncSource

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::Pause

dshow debug: CaptureFilter::Run

main debug: Selecting program id=0

main debug: using access_demux module "dshow"

main debug: looking for packetizer module

main debug: probing 17 candidates

main debug: using packetizer module "rawvideo"

main debug: thread 4272 (decoder) created at priority 0
(src/input/decoder.c:157)

main debug: starting in synch mode

main debug: `dshow://' sucessfully opened

main debug: adding a new input

stream_out_transcode debug: creating video transcoding from fcc=`I420'
to fcc=`H263'

main debug: looking for decoder module

main debug: probing 23 candidates

main debug: using decoder module "rawvideo"

main debug: looking for encoder module

main debug: probing 10 candidates

ffmpeg debug: libavcodec already initialized