[vlc] Re: mpeg2-ts timestamping

Måns Rullgård mru at inprovide.com
Tue Mar 15 13:37:42 CET 2005

GALAD77 <GALAD77 at terra.es> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to insert while encoding a video (with a camera) the
> current time, so later, at playing, one could see the time the video was
> captured.
> Is it possible to insert this time in the MPEG2-TS frame?

Do you want to "burn" the numbers into the picture, or are you looking
for a way to store this information in some other manner?  The former
is not specific to MPEG-TS, and MPEG-TS has no provisions for the
latter, unless you use a private stream or similar.

> I do not find a clear tutorial about MPEG2-TS where it clearly explains
> all the fields and their functions. Could someone suggest me one?

ISO 13818-1 is the definition of MPEG-TS.  There are drafts to be
found for free, but you'll have to pay to get the final version.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com