[vlc] Mac issues

Keith Allen keith.allen at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 13:14:24 CET 2005

I am using a 12 1.3G powerbook OSX.3.8

I have loaded VLC but cannot get it to work.

Initially DVD player opened (there appears to be no way to disable it) but
if I put it in trash I can mount DVDs.

When I try to open the DVD the controller sees the disc , it spins and
instantly the controller reverts back from seeing the disc to <virtual media
player> no longer seeing the disc.

If I try to open a file it sees the file and then brings up an error
dialogue with <input output error> cannot read.

Similarly it sees cds but when I select the track it brings the title of the
track for a fraction of a second and then reverts back to <virtual media
player>

I have reinstalled this a couple of times but I cannot get it to work.

Do you have any suggestions?

MANY THANKS

Keith Allen