[vlc] Re: Timed Play-list feature.

Keith Allen keith.allen at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 17:23:53 CET 2005

Hi

Just for information I am getting other people's emails as follows

On Thu, Mar 24, 05 at 14:42 +0100, Denys Dumas (ddumas) wrote:
> A quick question:  on the server part, looking at the play-list, I
> haven't found the concept of timed play-list, ie,
>
> play (multicast stream) this content at 12:00, that one at 13:30 etc....

It's implemented in the VLM. See
http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch05.html

hth,

--
Xtophe

 Yes, it is called transcoding.

This can be done as long as the original AVI file is something that VLC can
read/play (as long as it doesn't use unsupported CODECs).

You could stream to an mp2v/mp2a .mpg, or a mp4v/mp4a .mp4, or ... -- just
needed to pick combinations that are valid together (see the Streaming
Features table).