[vlc] Active-X version of VideoLAN player

Behrad Mehraie behrad.mehraie at cyber-consult.com
Wed May 4 17:17:00 CEST 2005

Dear Sir,
Our company is developing a VOD solution and as for a player, we would like
to use VideoLAN. But since the application is browser based, then we would
like to use the ActiveX version of the player using only RTSP protocol.

I noticed that in the below link:
http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/INSTALL.win32

you have recommended using cygwin. However, I would like to use Visual
Studio since I have been using it for ages and I have aged up, too with it
and the project does not have the time to spend time on downloading and
configuring a new compiler plus getting the hang of it.

There are some options and I hope one of them works out for you:
1) Can we download the code and compile it under Windows XP using MS-Visual
Studio 6.0?
2) Or could you please send me the code ready to be compiled on the VC++
3) Or could you generate and ActiveX version of the player only without any
server features exporting all the play(), pause(), ... functions used for
RTSP? and then send the CAB file to me?

Your response will be appreciated as much as the people behind this project.

Regards,

Behrad Mehraie
Senior Technical Engineer
Cyber-Consult FZ-LLC
Building 1, Office 113
Dubai Internet City
United Arab Emirates
PO Box 500039

Tel.:     +971 (4) 391 0241
Fax.:    +971 (4) 390 8944
Mob.:   +971 (50) 352 4530
www.cyber-consult.com <http://www.cyber-consult.com/>
C All rights reserved, copyright Cyber-Consult 2005

This email, its content and any files transmitted are intended solely for
the addressee(s), are intellectual property of Cyber-Consult and are legally
privileged and/or confidential. Any distribution or further use without
permission of Cyber-Consult is illegal and will be prosecuted by law. If you
are not the intended recipient please delete and contact the sender email
return.