[vlc] Re: VLC

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Mon May 9 20:11:33 CEST 2005

	Hello,

Le Dimanche 8 Mai 2005 02:16, Jameson Williams a écrit :
> I was wondering if you were looking for a US host for VLC Player?
> (I've got enough room to host the windows, mac, and debian versions)
> If so I would be more then will to do so from my website
> http://www.hotflip.net/
>
> If you are intrested, just let me know and I will email you back with
> a direct link you can put up. As always in the open sourse spirit, no
> charge

We've already had a few similar offers in the past. We'd actually like
to have a US-based mirror, but we have some serious concerns that
distribution of VLC from the US might get yourself into legal troubles,
given the US legislation (most particularly software patents and DMCA).

Regards,

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/