[vlc] Seek problem with VLM interface

Lopez, A. a.lopez at tue.nl
Tue May 10 16:17:43 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have been using the vlc with the new VLM feature and I find it great.
However, I have a problem with seeking and I was wondering if there is a
way to solve it and perhaps I haven't found it yet.

I launch the stream via the telnet connection with:

> new Media broadcast enabled
> setup Media input movie.mpeg output udp://ipadress:port
> control Media play

The problem is that, when I want to go Forward or Backward I can only
specify the point (in percentage) where vlc should seek.

Is it possible to specify somehow a seek point relative to the current
time on the stream?
Or, is it possible to get the information about the current time on the
stream from vlc? (using for example a telnet command).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
ALex