[vlc] bug in vlc video conversion?

ananth.g ananth.g at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:44:05 CEST 2005

dear all,
For converting video from wmv to ogg i used the follwing command

vlc -I dummy /tmp/test.wmv
:sout="#transcode{vcodec=theo,venc=theora,quality=8,vb=512,scale=1,acodec=vorb,fps=29.97,ab=64,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ogg,url='/tmp/test.ogg'}}"
vlc:quit

but it didnt work well, the video and audio were out of sync. but works
well with a gui and not working well with
command line execution. The gui gives me the same command line option.*
Is there a bug in vlc *that causes this
problem?

can anyone pls give me the command line args.
if u know the answer pls help.

thanks,
ananth.g