[vlc] VLC-0.8.1 segmentation fault

Robin Cosby robin at cosby.demon.co.uk
Wed May 11 08:40:14 CEST 2005

Hi!

I've installed vlc-0.8.1 from source on my Pentium-4 PC, running Debian
Linux with kernel version 2.6.9. My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX
with TV Out.

VLC works well with audio discs and fiiles, as well as with video files,
but whenever I try to play a DVD or to switch interface, the program
segfaults and dumps a core file.

Running the program from a terminal produces the output shown below.

Any help in resolving this problem will be very much appreciated!

TIA

Robin Cosby