[vlc] B frames

Rick Davis rickdavisjr at comcast.net
Sat May 14 21:29:37 CEST 2005

I am trying to use closed captioning. I am successfully extracting the CC
data from the incoming MPEG stream for both DVS157 and ATSC. I have one
problem. Sometimes the characters are out of order. I believe this is due to
the B frames not coming in in order. If I set my encoder so it doesn't
generate B frames, just I and P, the closed captioning works fine.

How do I detect the positioning of the B frames? I thought I could use the
temporal_reference but that always seems to be in order, 0-14.

I am modifying the MPEG-2 library. Maybe this is the wrong place to ask the
question?

	Any help or suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

	Rick