[vlc] Re: [help] VLC on ad hoc network..

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Mon May 16 15:56:56 CEST 2005

yc_maniezt wrote:

>i use VLC for my thesis, i runned video streaming using VLC in ad hoc network on widows...but that streaming is not succes..can anyone tell me why?
>is there anyone has using VLC on multihop ad hoc network?

I used VLC on a multi hop network, but we used fixed connections.

>i don't know how to configure VLC in the intermediate node on the ad hoc network..is that configure needed?

On the VLC side there is not much todo if the multihop network has a
single IP adress range and approriated routing. The unicast VLC server
will just deliver to an IP address, eg: vlc sout
'#std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=10.0.0.100:1234}`. Most troubles will be on
the networking side (routing, firewalls) of the Operating System. That
needs to be configured correctly.

Many greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.