[vlc] compiled vlc process not getting killed

faizal jeswent pvfaizal at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 17 08:13:51 CEST 2005

Hi,
I compiled VLC for windows from source code using Cygwin+Mingw. I have followed the instructions on the site. The stripped package is made using "make package-win32 base". When this is run by clicking on the icon it plays normally on Win xp. However when it closed by clicking on the close button, the VLC window disappears, but it runs as a daemon and has to be killed using task manager. Sometimes it takes 100% of CPU.
How can I ensure that VLC cleans up on exit?
Regards,
Faizal