[vlc] Get length and position of stream using VLM

Lopez, A. a.lopez at tue.nl
Wed May 18 14:47:30 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,

I want to develop remote control tool for VLC through its VLM interface.

Now I am able to start, pause, and stop the streams.
However, the problem is that and I'm missing the posibility to get the
total length (in time) of the medias that are currently being streamed
by VLM as well as the current position - This would be necessary to
implement a status bar and to seek forward and backward in the stream.

I know that you can get this information through the HTTP interface of
every single vlc process. However, I can't seem to find how to do it
when managing the streams using the VLM plugin (telnet interface).

Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, does anyone know how to do
it?

Thanks in advance,
Alex