trouble converting ASF from Traveler camera

Dan Connolly connolly at w3.org
Thu May 19 05:52:13 CEST 2005

This cheapo digital camera that I recently got produces AFS files that
neither windows media nor quicktime grok; vlc and mplayer will play
them, but I can't get mencoder to turn them into something I can use
with iMovie, and I can't seem to figure out the right vlc command-line
to transcode the file. I got mpeg video out, but it was silent, using:

vlc -vvv --sout file/ts:a20.mpeg ASF_0020.ASF 2>,a20.txt

(,a20.txt output attached)

Clues? Help?

Traveler Slimline X5
http://www.traveler-service.com/front_content.php?idcatart=187&lang=4&client=4

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
see you at XTech in Amsterdam 24-27 May?

----- End forwarded message -----

--
System administration <admin at via.ecp.fr>
VIA, Ecole Centrale Paris, France