[vlc] Re: cx88 capture problems.

Cian Cullinan cian.cullinan at gmail.com
Wed May 25 10:24:41 CEST 2005

On 5/24/05, Benjamin Pracht <bigben+spam at videolan.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2005, Cian Cullinan wrote :

> > 1) why did the deinterlace options cause the problems I described?
> > (could this be documented somwhere?)
>
> Well, no idea... if it's not related to a lack CPU power...

I've found some posts in the forums that suggest a problem with
deinterlacing+v4l2 in kernels 2.6

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=6212&highlight=v4l+size
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=7863&highlight=v4l+deinterlace

There may be more in the mailing list archives, I haven't had a chance
to go through them yet. I'll also go through v4l2 documentation later
on today when I get a chance.

> > 2) is there a nice list of v4l-chromas somewhere?
>
> There must be in the documentation of Video4Linux (VLC only passes the
> value to V4L)

Great, thanks.

> > 3) how can one figure out the correct chroma to use without resorting
> > to trial-and-error?
> >

> Well, this should be in the documentation of your capture device, of the
> kernel module you use, ...

Should have thought of that, thanks :)

Cian