[vlc] Capture images from Netcam and streaming

paolo at paoloorefice.tk paolo at paoloorefice.tk
Wed May 25 11:26:21 CEST 2005

Hi,
I use VLC 0.8.1, on Fedora Core 2, and an AXIS NetworkCam.
VLC, can capture images from camera in real time and save them on disk, but
can't send them to an other computer(Streaming Unicast) .
Well,Capture is possible but the streaming of this images in real time it
isn't possible, so i need to write a module to resolve this problem.
I've read API and html doxygen. Is there someone can help me and is
interested to?

The problem is:

I have in input an AXIS 2130 network camera, i want capture images in real
time from camera with vlc (and it's ok) but i want in the same time make
streaming unicast of these real time images.

What is the context of the module?? And is there a similiar module which
help me to write one?? What does modules interests me? and what part of vlc
architecture does interest me?
Thank you very much!

Paolo Orefice
Second University of Naples (ITALY)