[vlc] Streaming and encoding of DVB-T

Vincent Derrien vincent.derrien at in-cube.fr
Fri May 27 12:38:55 CEST 2005

Hi,

Currently I stream an entire DVB-T frequency with VLC. The network
flow is 3mb/s MPEG2 per channel with a total of 6 channels.

For constraints, I need a stream between 1 and 2 mb/s. For this, I
think about two solutions :
- Decrease quality of MPEG2 stream (resolution, ...) but I don't find
how to do this with VLC. The transcode options don't seem to work
with MPEG2-TS stream.

- Encode in real time MPEG4. For this, I've tried transcodage with
VLC but each channel use 1,5 Ghz of CPU which do 9 Ghz with 6
channels. In this case, does it exist MPEG4 real time card for
hardware encode working with Linux and VLC ?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and your advises.

--
Vincent Derrien
vincent.derrien at in-cube.fr
tél : 02 96 48 79 28 / fax : 02 96 48 79 69