[vlc] Re: Installation problems on FC3

Shashank Khanvilkar shashank at mia.ece.uic.edu
Mon May 30 22:21:53 CEST 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Jason Luka wrote:

> That one needs libcdio and libvcd to be installed along with it.
I have already installed lincdio as below:

# rpm -qi libcdio
Name        : libcdio                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.71                              Vendor: (none)
Release     : 0                             Build Date: Sat Nov 27
17:53:03 2004
Install Date: Sat May 28 13:51:24 2005      Build Host:
localhost.localdomain
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
libcdio-0.71-0.src.rpm
Size        : 130473                           License: GPL
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Jason Luka
URL         : http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/
Summary     : CD-ROM access library

I cannot install libvcd, as it gives me the same error:
# rpm -Uvh cdinfo-0.71-0.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
         libcdio.so.0 is needed by cdinfo-0.71-0.i386
         libiso9660.so.2 is needed by cdinfo-0.71-0.i386
         libvcdinfo.so.0 is needed by cdinfo-0.71-0.i386
         libvcdinfo.so.0(VCDINFO_0) is needed by cdinfo-0.71-0.i386

Thanks for the reply,
All help is appreciated.
Shashank