[vlc] Hide player window when not receiving UDP data?

Michael Butler mikebutler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:04:24 CEST 2005

Sorry if this is a double, but my subscription didn't go through the first
time I sent this message.

I have a VLC 0.8.2 server playing videos streaming multicast over UDP. The
server and client are in play and stop mode. When a video finishes playing
on the server (and client), the client sits there displaying the last frame
forever. Is there any way I can get the UDP multicast client to go into stop
mode or hide its player window when it stops receiving video data?
  This is for a solution that automatically displays videos at certain time
intervals, and another window the rest of the time. I would really prefer
not to write my program so that it has to tell each multicast client (8-12
of them) to stop playing to kill the stale window.
 Thanks,
Mike Butler
mikebutler at gmail.com