[vlc] VLC run out of memory, while streaming from DVB source

Viktor Kompaneyets vato at wnet.ua
Tue Oct 11 11:27:35 CEST 2005

Hi!

After a couple of hours of working VLC run out of memory and stops
streaming, while working with DVB source. As a hypothese I can propose
only one - when I use any ffmpeg-related stuff while streaming, the error
cancellation mechanic works not well (or don't work at all) and as result -
memory leaks.

The --vvv screen is full of error messages like:

[00000615] ffmpeg encoder debug: warning, cliping 1 dct coefficents to
-255..255
 (wmv2 at 0x89da240)
[00000615] ffmpeg encoder debug: warning, cliping 1 dct coefficents to
-255..255
 (wmv2 at 0x89da240)
[00000615] ffmpeg encoder debug: warning, cliping 1 dct coefficents to
-255..255

If anybody had encountered same problems (and solve them) - please, drop me
a note.

PS: These errors occurs, when TV shows color bars with tone.

--
Viktor Kompaneyets
Wnet project manager