[vlc] Re: impact of jitter

Brian Raymond braymond at echostorm.net
Thu Oct 13 20:08:01 CEST 2005

There was actually some discussion relating to this on the dev list
recently so I would suggest giving that a look.

The buffering should take care of most jitter, jitter in the extreme
case could mean starving the decoder which should result in
blockyness or a frame freeze depending on the codec.

Most players act in a similar fashion, some might handle jitter and
out of order packets better then VLC, others worse.

- Brian