[vlc] VLC http steaming ID3 tags

Rett D. Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Mon Oct 24 04:49:27 CEST 2005

Hello:

I am using VLC to transcode/stream mp3's via the following command line:

vlc -I dummy /usr/export/multimedia/audio/masterplaylist.m3u --random
--sout
#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=96}:standard{access=http,mux=ogg,url=xx.xx.xx.xx:8080}
--sout-keep

I am transcoding the MP3s to save bandwidth.

My question is this - Is there a way to include ID3 tag information in
the stream so that the VLC clients receiving the stream will show the
ID3 info, I have tried using mux=mp3 but that doesn't seem to work at all.

Thanks,

Rett