[vlc] Re: VLC for pocket PC / handset

Danny Brown danbrwn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:26:47 CEST 2005

The current version for the PPC does not support live media. I have built
the code for VLC PPC successfully using the cross compiler on Debian Linux
but the livedotcom libs is not provided in the contrib libraries. That
library needs to be built and then linked into a build of the vlc for PPC.
Unfortunately, the livedotcom people do not use the standard gnu build
system and one of the build scripts they supply for either win32 or ?? will
have to be changed to point to the cross tools compiler, linker and other
settings. I am sure someone here can do that. If someone can, they can then
post the lib with the wince contribs and it can be built.