[vlc] Re: measuring encoding delay

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 5 02:25:03 CEST 2006

Interesting question.  By "encoding time" do you want to measure the full
time from when a frame is first sent to be encoded, to the point where it
has been encapsulated and is ready for transmission?
Might want to try a debug build, calls to the low-level time functions, let
it run for say 1000 frames, then take the average.