[vlc] Re: No audio?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Wed Apr 5 23:10:45 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:07:17PM +0200, Benjamin Pracht wrote:
> Le lundi 27 mars 2006 à 13:42 +0200, Josef Wolf a écrit :

> > I have a problem that sometimes audio is not playing.  I have put a
> > sample to http://www.rhsdat.de/gm/eurosport-von-dvbserver-mit-wget.mpg
> > mplayer plays this without problems, but vlc don't give sound.  Anybody
> > knows whether the stream is broken somehow or is this vlc's failure?
>
> The audio track gets selected here (cannot really say if there is sound,
> since the stream is very short, at least the part that is after the PAT
> and PMT. Could you give us some debug info (vlc -vv) ?

Thanks for your answer, Benjamin!

Unfortunately, -vv don't seem to have any effect on windows (I have
downloaded vlc-0.8.4a binary for windows).  I have put a longer recording

  http://www.rhsdat.de/gm/nick.mpg

The output of the debug window can be found from:

  http://www.rhsdat.de/gm/vlc-message-nick.mpg.txt

Vlc fails to play audio and it isn't possible to pause, seek/jump within
the file.  Debug messages tell it reached end of file quite after the start.