[vlc] Re: measuring encoding delay

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 5 23:39:07 CEST 2006

I build it under Cygwin, no problem -- the Cygwin environment is "touchy" to
first set up, but fine once it's running.
Have to figure out the right hooks would be to insert time calls -- VLC,
under the hood, implements calls to microsecond-level clocks, just need to
find the right points to add the calls to the time functions, with a
counter.
(the mtime structures are used throughout VLC to obtain time for PTS and the
like)