[vlc] Software Developer Wanted

Scott-Smith, Richard Richard.Scott-Smith at atkinsglobal.com
Mon Apr 10 17:21:30 CEST 2006

I am involved in the early stages of a barn conversion to end all barn conversions. The plan is to fully kit out the home with multi-room audio/video, computer controlled LED lighting and total home automation (we're talking multiple projectors, about 5 plasma screens, around 15 touch panel displays and more computers and storage than you can shake a very large wad of cash at).

The system will be run on Embedded Windows rather than Linux to ensure compatibility with some high quality audio cards, unless someone can persuade me that Linux is a better solution.

The project will run for the next six to ten months, and a crude proof of concept will be required in the next couple of weeks. I am aiming to hire two software developers to work alongside an in-house graphic designer and myself to develop the interface and the software for the system. As the base for the video streaming will be VideoLan it makes sense for me to offer the job out to someone with experience of the software.

Please can interested parties contact me at richard.scott-smith at atkinsglobal.com, or by phone - 020 7121 2410

Richard Scott-Smith

ΛTKINS
Design Solutions
Euston Tower
286 Euston Road
London
NW1 3AT
Tel: 020 7121 2410
www.atkinsglobal.com

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.