[vlc] http playlist problem

Michel Van den Bergh michel.vandenbergh at uhasselt.be
Fri Aug 4 13:33:03 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the http interface to vlc.  I suspect is
is a bug
but it may also be due to my misunderstandig of vlc concepts. Therefore
I am posting it to this list.

When vlc is started a song is displayed as "Artist - Title (filename)".
After having been played it is displayed as "Title (filename)". This
change seems to be permanent until vlc is restarted.

Besides being ugly this also makes the sorting of the playlist incorrect.

Version: VLC media player 0.8.4a Janus (on FC4 from livna.org).

Regards,
Michel