[vlc] Re: transcoding with change of resolution

Pedro Tumusok pedro.tumusok at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 19:39:09 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, Peter Wendorff <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

> Hi!
> How can I change the resolution of a video-file to a lower one?
> So - I have a video of nearly 100 MB, with a resolution of 720x576.
> Thats very much for using it on a web-page, so I try to transcode it
> with VLC - but I cannot find a way to change the resolution. Can anybody
> of you help?
> regards
> Peter Wendorff,
> Germany

Take a look at the width and height parameters and also the scale parameter
could be usefull to try with the transcoding option.

http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch04.html

--
Best regards / Mvh
Jan Pedro Tumusok

Another fella told me, he had a sister who looked just fine.
Instead of bein' my deliv'rance, she had a strange resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein