[vlc] Re: vlc and http authentication (correction)

Michel Van den Bergh michel.vandenbergh at uhasselt.be
Wed Aug 30 11:09:34 CEST 2006

(Sorry I mangled the bits)

I think I found the problem. The function vlc_b64_encode  (in vlc-0.8.5)
seems to contain a bug.
The string "d" is encoded as "Z==" whereas it should be "ZA==". The
piece of code
        while( v )
        {
            *dst++ = b64[v >> 26];
            v = v << 6;
          }

is the culprit. d=01100100 (8 bits) should be padded to 011001000000 (12
bits=2 x 6 bits)
which translates to ZA. The above piece of code does not see the final A
(which corresponds to zero).

Regards,
Michel