[vlc] Programming with libvlc

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Tue Dec 5 13:13:06 CET 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm currently developing an application at school that uses VLC for
video and audio playback - we have to design our own multimedia system
(a la Windows Media Center). The version of VLC we're using is a
snapshot from 20061020, compiled from FreeBSD Ports (devel/vlc-devel).

For some reason, VLC's playlist handling is kind of strange. For
example:

| // amount of songs in our playlist is zero
| libvlc_playlist_add(vinst, "foo.wav", 0, NULL, &ve);
| // amount of songs is now two
| libvlc_playlist_clear(vinst, &ve);
| // amount is still two

Is this a known issue? Are there some examples of applications using the
new libvlc API?

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>