[vlc] Trying to emulate VLC streaming in a test equipment, but failing

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Wed Dec 13 19:59:04 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to emulate VLC streaming by capturing a UDP
packet stream from a PC running VLC streaming a file
and playing back the UDP packet stream through some network
test equipment.

However, the client VLC is unable to play back the
stream when it gets it from the test equipment.

The client plays it once but is unable to re-start when
the video loops. The messages displayed includes a lot
of 'PTS is out of range (5285177), dropping buffer'.

The same video when played in a loop over a regular Ethernet
network plays as expected.

Does the streaming application send some special information
at the start and end of the file to let the client know that
it has to re-sync?

If not, does anyone have an idea why I can't play a file in a
loop through the test equipment? How do I tell the client VLC
that the file has looped and that it should re-sync?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
- Harshal