[vlc] Re: framebuffer output, scale and filter chains

Danko Dolch danko at dolchonline.net
Fri Dec 15 09:50:29 CET 2006

Hi Niklas!

hmm - I've only the windows version to look up - and here neither do I find a filter option for GDI output - for the accelerated modules there are adjustments...

On some particular streams (MPEG 4, DIVX, XVID, Sorenson, ...), some additional image filtering can be applied to the video before display, improving its quality in some cases. This can be enabled in the Video menu, Post processing menu item. Different levels of post processing can be chosen here. A higher level means more filtering.

http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/en/ch03.html#id290266

You also can try the Video-Filter "Blur" - but this generates some slightly ghosting...

best Regards

Danko