[vlc] DVD streaming problem

frank.bourdeau at dga.defense.gouv.fr frank.bourdeau at dga.defense.gouv.fr
Tue Dec 19 11:09:20 CET 2006

Hi the list,

I run vlc in graphic mode and want to stream a DVD stored on disk. When I
play it, this message appears :

libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.1.10 from http://dvd.sf.net
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
libdvdnav: Can't read name block. Probably not a DVD-ROM device.
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00ed0000. Regions: 2
5
libdvdnav: Language 'en' not found, using 'ÿÿ' instead
libdvdnav: Menu Languages available: ÿÿ
libdvdnav: Language 'en' not found, using 'ÿÿ' instead
libdvdnav: Menu Languages available: ÿÿ
libdvdnav: Language 'en' not found, using 'ÿÿ' instead
libdvdnav: Menu Languages available: ÿÿ
[00000489] a52 packetizer: A/52 channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:192000
[00000490] a52 decoder: A/52 channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:192000

The DVD is played in english only after a timeout. I can't select the
language. This DVD is stream on network with these options :

stream in UDP (224.0.0.1, port 1234)
mux video : DIV3
mux audio : MP3

If i run on PC without streaming, the DVD is played and break up, but I
can select the language.

If you have some ideas to solve my problems

Friendly

Frank