[vlc] Re: receiving the live video from the multicast stream

Harsha harsha at yes2etl.com
Mon Feb 6 11:51:49 CET 2006

Hello,

Need your help.
We are sending a live video stream at a multicast address via MM-400 Mpeg4
card.

We are able to receive the video output on all the windows machines on our
network using VLC. But the same stream is not playing in Suse Linux 9.2

We have installed vlc-0.8.1-0.pm.4.i586.rpm on suse linux 9.2 with all the
dependencies. The player plays the wmv file which is copied on the local
hard-drive.

Please suggest what we can do to get the live video playing on Suse.

Thanks,
Harsh