[vlc] Re: capture and stop automatically

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Tue Feb 14 14:19:05 CET 2006

Le mardi 14 février 2006 à 13:09 +0000, Marcelo Manzato a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if vlc has any feature that
> enables it to start capturing from a video camera and
> stop working after a period of time specified by the
> user. I'm working on a project that we have to do some
> time measurements, and the vlc stopping time must be
> something fixed.
> I have looked at the option "--stop-time", but it does
> not seem to work...

The easiest would certaily be to launch an extern application to stop
vlc at the expected time. Under linux, you can for instance launch vlc
with the http interface, and use wget with a link to the stop command
when required to stop the vlc. An alternative would be to use the rc
interface... (The easiest ugly solution would be to use killall if only
one session of vlc is running ;)

--
BigBen