[vlc] External volume control?

Etienne Bernard eb at pltplp.net
Wed Feb 15 12:52:25 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm using vlc (version 0.8.4-svn20040920 under Ubuntu Linux) as the main media
player of my MythTV setup (for the MythVideo module). Everything works as I
want, except for the volume settings.

MythTV is configured to change the PCM volume when I change the volume. I'd
like to be able to do the same thing with vlc so that when I start a video
the volume level is the same as it was in MythTV and so that I can increase
the global volume (with the current settings, the maximum volume for vlc will
always be limited by the current PCM volume).

Do you know if it's possible? Is there an output module/filter I should use
for that?

Thanks in advance.
--
Etienne BERNARD <eb at pltplp.net>