[vlc] problems accessing transcoded content with envivio player

Marcelo Manzato manzato81 at yahoo.com.br
Wed Feb 15 18:26:33 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm having some problems accessing video content
encoded by vlc/ffmpeg/mp4v with the envivio player
running on a ipaq/wince device.

I can successfully access the sdp content from the
envivio if the video is being captured by mp4live,
encoded using ffmpeg/mp4 and transmitted to darwin
streaming server by rtp. However, if I use vlc in
order to capture from the camera, encode using the
same ffmpeg encoder (including the same version), and
transmit to darwin by rtp, when I access the sdp
content from envivio I get a black screen with the
"playing" status and nothing more. I've seen the
bitrate in the streamingadmins tool, and it is always
0 bits/s, however i don't know if this is a vlc
problem, a codec problem, or a server problem...

I have tried to use other codecs, such as h264 and
mpeg2, but everyone seems not to support realtime
encoding and rtp transmission...

Please, any advice will be very apreciated.
Thanks very much!